The parish of Winnersh was formed in June 2012 and comprises two churches: the parish church of St. Catherine, Bearwood and the church of St. Mary the Virgin, Winnersh.
St Catherine Bearwood, Bearwood Road, Sindlesham
The church was built in 1846, by John Walter II the proprietor and editor of the Times newspaper, whose family built much of Sindlesham and left a lasting influence on the area. On 23rd April 1846 Bishop Samuel Wilberforce, son of the slave trade abolitionist, dedicated the church to St. Catherine of Alexandria. John Walter's daughter, Catherine had died in 1843.
The church holds approximately 180 people, has several beautiful stained-glass windows, an organ, a 90 foot tower with 2 bells, a treble and a tenor in use. There is also an area at the back of church for children to use, or as a Sunday School.
St Mary the Virgin, Church Close, Winnersh
St. Mary's was built in 1965 and is similar in style to several Roman Catholic churches in the area. At that time Winnersh was a new housing development within the parish of Hurst, and St Mary's was built in response to serve the new community.
approximately 100, and has a wonderful ceramic of Christ in Majesty behind the altar. There is also a church hall, with a small kitchen attached. This holds a maximum of 60
people and is used for various parish events. It is also used by various local groups and can be used for private hire.